M.B. McNamara Construction (UK) Ltd is seeking a focused and experienced Quantity Surveyor for their Office Redevelopment in Central London.
The candidate will be a Senior Quantity Surveyor with a minimum of 5 to 10 years experience. The candidate will have strong commercial management experience and must have at least 80% of Building experience with a main contractor.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:-
• Cost control and management of design on D&B project
• Preparation of Internal Costs / Value reports on a monthly basis.
• Preparation and Management of Subcontractors, suppliers and material Procurement Schedules
• Responsibility for agreeing monthly valuations with Client
• Budget control / materials management
• Ability to negotiate with contractors, suppliers with a view to agree final accounts
• Procurement of sub-contractors and suppliers
• Third level qualification in Quantity Surveying working with a main contractor
• Experience in pricing projects
• Experience working towards tight deadlines and budgets, dealing with interim payments.
• Excellent client relationship skills
• Excellent IT skills, in particular advanced Excel with a keen interest to develop their skills further.
• Knowledge of Buildsoft or Cubit
• Good communicator and excellent analytical capabilities
• Willingness to show initiative and drive in addition to being a team player
• Well-presented and professional with a flexible approach to work